Taking Back the 9

This blog couldn't exist without the iMetabolic diet and weight loss program created by Dr. Sasse. For more information please visit www.imetabolic.com

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Working it!

Sorry I've been so remiss. I've been hitting the road a lot the past six weeks -- New York, Las Vegas, Jackson Hole and back again. It's been challenging and I've really had to focus on planning ahead with my meals, but I'm the first one to admit I've been far from perfect. When you're on the road it's hard to eat six times a day -- I feel good if I manage three complete meals. I'm also terrible at taking advantage of the hotel gym -- the thought of a few extra hours of blissful sleep with no children screaming is always so tempting. I went to iMetabolic today thinking that I was going to be very disappointed in myself, but to my surprise the results were not what I thought. I thought I would have gained weight -- but I lost 3.3 pounds of fat and 1.7% of body fat. Wow -- seriously? I was shocked, but I walked away feeling pretty good. I knew that I'd strayed a bit, but I also knew that I'd adopted some good habits that are acting as building blocks to my new diet. Slowly but surely I'm changing the habits that hurt me the most and adding ones that are changing the playing field -- eating more protein is the norm, a shake for breakfast is becoming a habit and eight glasses of water a day doesn't seem so hard anymore. I know I'm not going to lose 50 pounds overnight and nor do I want to, but I so happy to see the results that I'm seeing! I'm on top of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment