Taking Back the 9

This blog couldn't exist without the iMetabolic diet and weight loss program created by Dr. Sasse. For more information please visit www.imetabolic.com

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

And the Shrink Said.....

I had my first meeting with the behavioral psychologist at iMetabolic this week. At first I thought it might be a bunch of BS but after spending an hour with someone who listened to ME talk the entire time and then helped ME figure out why I eat what I do, when I do and how I do I discovered that it wasn't a bunch of BS -- but something that I should have done a while ago. There seems to be a pattern with my eating and drinking and it's called habit. I feel as if I need that wine when I get home and that it's the only thing that's going to make me relax. Or that I need that plate of cheese, crackers, oil and bread to go with the wine -- after all they do compliment each other. I remember when I was pregnant I would drink my Pellegrino in a wine glass so I felt as if I was getting that glass everyday -- it was more the habit of drinking it while I cook dinner than the actual need for the wine. Now -- I'm not going to lie. I will never give up my wine -- it is one of my favorite things. But I am going to try integrating what the therapist called "pleasant activities" into my evening. Instead of a glass everyday after work I'm going to try a walk in evening, a hot bath (with my two lovely children of course because no one can take a bath without Ever and his toys), writing in my journal, organizing my pictures -- anything really that helps me focus on ME (imagine that) and relax a bit. So -- we'll see how it goes. This weight loss plan is all about breaking habits and establishing new ones so I'm willing to give this a shot. I'm off home to sling back some Pellegrino and write a soppy love poem to Ty in my journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment